Amherstburg's rich history, beautiful landscape, state of the art recreation complex and exciting festival and events, provide an engaging healthy lifestyle to its residents. With a population of approximately 21,000, the Town has conveniences such as schools and healthcare access found only in much larger communities without compromising its small town charm.
Amherstburg lifestyle accomplishments
- Statistics Canada has announced Amherstburg as Canada's Safest Community, 4 out of 5 years.
- Amherstburg was award 5 BLOOMS from Communities in Bloom, with judges noting "everywhere, tidiness and cleanliness was the order of the day" and "great technologies are evident in the new Waste Water plant...building to embrace additional capacity show foresight and good infrastructure planning."
- Great Places in Canada has designated the 2015 People's Choice Award for the best neighbourhood to Downtown Amherstburg. Heritage homes, national historic sites, business, parks and views of the spectacular Detroit River are some of the winning components!
- Home to Canada's first Miracle League baseball diamond and Miracle League Association. Through the extensive use of recycled materials to create a baseball diamond designed to accommodate players with a variety of abilities.
- The Libro Centre, Amherstburg's recreation complex is a fully accessible facility achieving LEED certification and is a model of excellence for our residents to enjoy. This facility is complemented by a variety of programming for all age groups, creating quality lifestyle opportunities.