Browser Compatibility Notification
It appears you are trying to access this site using an outdated browser. As a result, parts of the site may not function properly for you. We recommend updating your browser to its most recent version at your earliest convenience.
Background Image

How to Make a Complaint

Soldier Officers

The By-law Enforcement Department is responsible for the investigation and enforcement of all the Town's Municipal By-laws.

How to Report a By-Law Infraction

By-law complaints must be received in writing, unless they relate to an immediate safety threat such as an unsecured swimming pool, aggressive dog, or any other hazard/situation you believe may pose a safety risk to others.

Short-term rental complaints can be filed and will be investigated in the same manner as any other complaint, such as noise disturbances, parking infractions, property standards, building code violations and fire code violations. At this time the Town does not have a licensing regime in place, however, Council has directed Administration to prepare a report for their consideration.  

You can submit your By-Law complaint online, that will allow you to track the status of your complaint at the Amherstburg Portal.

You can also email complaints to or by completing the Complaint Form and submitting it at Town Hall.

By-law Complaint Process

 By-law Process


Licensing Officer
Phone: 519-736-0012
Email Licensing

By-Law Enforcement Officers
Phone: 519-736-0012
Email By-Law Enforcement


Amherstburg Municipal Building
271 Sandwich St. South
Amherstburg, ON

Hours:  Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm